March 2, 2013
When it comes to providing service to the guest, the belstaff of the hotel does most of it. Right from the moment that they walk in to a hotel down to the time that they have to leave, they are the ones that the guest must deal with. When the guests need something, it is to the belstaff that they turn to.
The Appearance of the Staff
Because they are the ones that have the greatest amount of interaction with the guests of the hotel, the belstaff can create the most lasting impression on the guests. If they were polite and they did their service in the right way then they can provide a positive impression. If they failed to do those then ircould certainly make the wrong kind of impression on people. This would apply not just to their attitude and behaviour but to their appearance as well.
If the staffs of the hotel look dirty and unkempt, that would create a very negative impression of the hotel. No manager would want that. All hotel staff members should be clean and they should look professional. That means they need to keep their uniform as tidy as it can be.
Cleaning Belstaff Jackets
The jackets of the belstaff can be a distinctive trademark for any hotel. It can distinguish them right away. That’s why this symbol should be kept clean and tidy at all times. Here are some tips that you can try when it comes to cleaning belstaff jackets and uniforms:
- To remove any unpleasant odour that might stick to the jacket, you can try spraying a mixture of vinegar and water before washing it.
- If you want the uniform to have a sweet smell, then you can add a little of your favourite essential oil to the mixture that you are using.
- If there are some stains on the jacket that might be particularly hard to remove, then you can try cleaning it with an all-purpose cleaner first before washing it.
- To make sure that the jacket will have no unseemly wrinkles on it, you can add some fabric softener on the water that you are using for ironing.
- Stains can also be removed more easily if you treat the jacket with some water and vinegar mixture. Just be careful about using too much vinegar as that might cause fading.
These are just some tips that you can use when it comes to cleaning your staff uniforms.
February 25, 2013
When guests check in to a hotel, the people that they see the most are those from the belstaff. They are at the hotel’s front so to speak when it comes to serving the guests. Which is why it is important that they should be aware of what their duties are and how they can perform it in the best way possible. If they fail to perform their duties in the right way that would reflect on the hotel’s reputation. It is therefore an important part of the management to see to it that the belstaff should be able to perform those duties and tasks. That includes making sure they are properly oriented, trained and briefed as to what it is that is expected from them.
The Major Duties
The main task of the belstaff is to assist the guests when they arrive at the hotel and when they are leaving. They help them with the carrying of their luggage and then show them to their room. They show the guests how to use the amenities and they make sure that everything is fine with the room before they leave. Should they find that there is a problem with the room and the amenities there, they would try to fix it first and call the maintenance crew if they can’t handle it.
Other Things That They Can Do
Since they are there to serve the guests of the hotel, there are other things that the belstaff can do aside from their main task. The guests for example might ask them to perform certain tasks or maybe run some errands for them. They are also the ones who will take care of any package or mail that supposed to be received by the guest during their stay in the hotel. They could also help in providing information to the guests.
Bellstaff Helping in Moving Hotels
As mentioned before the belstaff are there whenever the guests are leaving. They pick up the guests luggage and help them out of the hotel. It doesn’t really matter even if the guests are just moving to a different hotel. They are there to make sure that the guests will be able to transfer well.
These are just a few of the things that are expected from the belstaff of a hotel. They are vital to the function of any hotel so the management should see to it that they are well trained and properly oriented.
January 6, 2013
The belstaff of a hotel plays a very crucial role when it comes to the operation of the establishment. That’s because they are at the forefront of dealing with the guests and customers. They can create a truly memorable experience with their personalized service or they could ruin the stay of a guest. Because of these reasons hiring the right people to make up the bellstaff of a hotel is more than a minor thing. It is actually crucial in many ways.
Roles of a Hotel Belstaff
Here are just some of the functions of the hotel belstaff:
- Handling of the guests’ luggage. This would apply to both when they are just checking out and when they are leaving already.
- Showing the guests to their room.
- Checking of the room amenities and making sure that everything is functioning.
- Gathering and delivery of mails and packages for the guests.
- Running small and simple errands for the guests.
- Tidying up of the room.
- Providing information to the guests, such as info about the area where the hotel is placed.
How to Hire the Right Belstaff
From that list, you could tell that the role of the belstaff is very crucial to the success of the hotel. They can create the right kind of impression on all of the guests. Here are some tips that you can use when it comes to hiring people to make up your belstaff:
- Look for people who have experienced working in the same industry or someone who has experienced working as the staff of a hotel before.
- Make sure that you check the references given out by applicants. Talk to the people that they have listed as reference and ask all the questions that you can think of about the applicant.
- Check all of the papers that they will be submitting. It should all be in order.
- Conduct an interview and then during that period make sure that you ask certain questions that should reveal if they can do the job or not.
- You have to see to it that the person you are hiring does not have any criminal record in anyway. It is better to be safe than sorry.
You can use the internet when it comes to hunting for the right person to hire. Just be sure that you set certain standards before you hire anybody. You can use the information that we have here so you can be certain that you’re hiring the right people.
December 2, 2012
Some of the most crucial personnel for any hotel are the bellstaff. They can present the right kind of service front to the patrons and the people who stay at the hotel. If they do their jobs correctly then people are satisfied and are happy. If they fail to do so, then there could be a lot of problems for the hotel management. You can be sure that complaints would start to build up and come in.
So it is very crucial for a hotel to be able to hire the right kind of people for their bellstaff on Oneflare. Just to give you an idea, here are some of the things that the bellstaff are in charge of and can take care of for the hotel:
- They carry the luggage of the guests to their room
- They will show the guest around the room, showing them how to use the different facilities
- They can run errands for the guests
- They can provide information needed by the guests, especially those in connection with the area
- They can take care of any packages or mail that needs to be delivered to a guest
These are just some of the things that can be done by the bellstaff. It might seem so simple at first but the truth is that it is more than that. The role that they play is one of trust. They can gain access to the rooms where the guests are staying so above anything else, they should be trustworthy.
Hiring Cheap Belstaff
Some managers and those in charge of hotels might think that it is okay to hire cheap bellstaff. They offer very low pay, thinking that it would be enough. But if you want quality service then you should be ready to hire good people and good people can’t be hired with very low pay. You have to be ready to get the right qualities for the right price.
Here are some ideas that you can try in hiring your bellstaff:
- You need to check the credentials and references. You have to be absolutely sure than an applicant is, who he says he is.
- Try to look for someone who came from a similar job.
- Check the previous employer and ask about the applicant.
- During the interview process, ask questions that would reveal his knowledge of what he has to do on the job or the lack of it.
These are all effective ideas that you can try.
November 22, 2012
A tip is a payment given to a service provider. The payments are not set by standards, but as a matter of social custom and because of that the customer can just give any amount that he wishes. In some countries, the salary of those who work in industries where tipping is normal are actually set lower than usual. This is because it is expected that their salary would be supplemented by tips.
The practice of tipping is a controversial one. There are several points about it that are causes of concern for some people. Here are some of those points that are rather controversial:
- The awkwardness of tipping in certain situations.
- Its inconsistency.
- The lack of regularity in the transactions because there are no real set standards.
Other Controversies about Tipping
Some researchers suggest that the practice of tipping is negative in more ways than one. For example they claim that it promotes social discrimination. Racial minorities are less able to afford large tips for example, so they would stay away from situations where large tipping is required. In some countries such as Autralia, tipping is not as common as it is in the United States. The salary there is standardized even in service jobs so workers would have little reason to get tips.
The bellstaff are the people in the hotel that you have the most dealings with. They are the ones who are there when you check in. They help you with your luggage and then they assist you when it comes to going to your room and make sure that you are settled and comfortable there. When there are other things that you want to be done like some simple errands, the bellstaff are usually the ones who are there for you. When you are expecting letters and packages to be delivered to you they can take care of that as well. They can get it and delivered it to you.
When you are asking someone from the bellstaff to do some additional tasks for you, it would just be natural that you should be giving them some tip. This is especially the case if you are asking them to do something that is outside of their normal tasks and duties in the hotel. While it is natural that they should try to provide the best service for you as much as they can, it would just not be right to not give them any tip.